Initial Privacy Notice
Our privacy principles:
We are committed to protecting our clients’ personal and financial information. This privacy statement addresses what nonpublic personal information we collect, what we do with it, and how we protect it.
What information we collect:
We may collect and maintain several types of personal information in the course of providing you with appraisal services, such as:
- Information we receive from you on applications, letters of engagement, forms found on our website, correspondence, or conversations, including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, social security number, date of birth, bank records, salary information, the income and expenses associated with the subject property, the sale price of the subject property, and the details of any financing on the subject property.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, including, but not limited to, payments history, parties to transactions and other financial information.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as a credit history.
What information we may disclose:
We may disclose the nonpublic personal information about you described above, primarily to provide you with the appraisal services you seek from us. We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about clients or former clients except as required or permitted by law.
Who we share the information with:
Unless you tell us not to, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as banks and lending institutions.
- Non-financial companies.
- You may limit the information shared. If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to third parties, you may opt-out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than those permitted by law). If you wish to opt out then contact us at 412-831-1500 or complete an opt-out form at our website, located at on our appraisal order form located in this website.
Confidentiality and Security Policy
- We consider privacy to be fundamental to our relationship with clients. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of clients’ personal information. Internal policies have been developed to protect this confidentiality while allowing client needs to be served.
- We restrict access to personal information to authorized individuals who need to know this information to provide service and products for you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect your nonpublic personal information. We do not disclose this information about you or any former consumers or customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. The law permits us to share this information with our affiliates. The law also permits us to share this information with companies that perform marketing services for us, or other financial institutions that have joint marketing agreements with us.
- When we share nonpublic information referred to above, the information is made available for limited purposes and under controlled circumstances. We require third parties to comply with our standards for security and confidentiality. We do not permit use of consumer/customer information for any other purpose nor do we permit third parties to rent, sell, trade or otherwise release or disclose information to any other party.
Give us a call today with any questions you might have and make sure to check out our Customer Reviews and Testimonials page of what others have to say about our Team at Bostedo Appraisal Services.